life is an impressionist painting

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

walk of life

i was sitting in a cafe on brigade road the other day, waiting for a fried who I hadn't seen in over a year. But owing to Bangalore's snarling traffic and log jammed roads, she was a little late. so I decided to be the person who sits alone in the outer portion of the cafe and watch people walk down the busy brigade road. I know it appears weird and random, but it definitely is a more offbeat way to kill time.
and also, I had never taken time to stop on brigade road and really absorb the atmosphere.
Most of the time, it's a rush down the road, generally with a purpose.
so as I was sitting, I made note of the people around me. A group of young college goers obvious by their chatter, a young man reading the newspaper and smoking, lost in thought. I was the only person sitting alone I thought, amused.
the road was a sea of people moving in both directions, to be grandiose, like waves. It is really fascinating to note how diverse people can be, I know it is stating the obvious, but even then.
so I looked outwards at the road, uninhibited as I realised, I will not see any of these people!
The interesting thing is how much one can gauge about a city just by sitting and looking at the people on a busy road. techies at rushing at the end of the day, young couples attempting to stroll through the hustle bustle, college kids in large groups oblivious of their surroundings.
It suddenly struck me how funny I must look, gazing out and smiling to myself. To be a little philosophical, people walking past reminded me of how life goes on, unstoppable and powerful, in a sense. How many times do we live the moment and extract the best we can? how many times does one actually go to bed with a sense of accomplishment?
i snapped out of my reverie as she waved to me.

5 Comments:

At July 9, 2008 at 12:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At July 9, 2008 at 12:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

odd
its not up to ur standards
lacks a flow or a conclusion
but it has loads of potential

 
At July 10, 2008 at 6:42 AM , Blogger Oxymoron said...

criticism appreciated. well, honestly, the post is very heartfelt and I just put it down without thinking too much or framing it.
hope you get the picture kapish. and yes, I know this is not as refined as the rest of my writing!

 
At July 18, 2008 at 12:45 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

OUCH ...
I sense some resentment ...
chill
i like it as a whole
no need to bite !
:(

 
At November 6, 2008 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Random Guy said...

little more than some random words strung together, except the ending maybe, but then these are the best kinds... nothing fancy.. jus some plain thoughts...
last couple of lines give some food for thought though..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home